Dandere2x reduces the time needed for Waifu2x to upscale animation (sometimes live-action) videos by applying compression techniques. Just as Netflix uses compression to quickly stream videos to your home, Dandere2x uses compression to expedite the waifu2x upscaling process.
- Dandere2x can provide a dramatic speedup for anime upscaling. In this comparison video, Dandere2x took only 3.5 minutes, while using Video2x’s lossless upscaling took 18 minutes!
- Dandere2x comes included with a GUI interface to make Dandere2x easy and fast to use, for both experienced and inexperienced users.
- Customizable and Open Source
- Dandere2x is highly customizable and modifiable. In theory, Dandere2x can be applied to any CNN based upscaling algorithm - not just Waifu2x! Experienced users are also free to play with the .json file to find settings that best suits their needs.
Help and Resources¶
- Reddit is the primary medium of communication for Dandere2x. If you want help, this is the best place to get an answer. Usually, if I spend a night working on something, I’ll do a short write up about it the night of.
- The telegram server for Dandere2x can be found here: The telegram can be seen as a means for immediate help or general discussion, although due to the school year starting I’m not sure how active I will be.
- Dandere2x is 100% free and will always be 100% free. If you wish to contribute to dandere2x development, feel free to send me some change! Funds go-to playing games with friends and food.
- Donation Links:
- Downloading and Using Dandere2x
- Recommended Settings
- Trouble Shooting Dandere2x
- JSON Settings
- Building Dandere2x On Linux